Government Alliance on Race & Equity (GARE)
A team of staff representing all departments of the city continues to work on a Race & Equity Plan, which is focused on staff education and capacity-building on racial equity, and continuous improvement of service delivery.
GARE is a national organization dedicated to advancing racial equity in government, and increase opportunities for all communities. GARE is building the field of practice to advance racial equity within and through government.
The Government Alliance on Race & Equity is a national organization is a national network of government working to achieve racial equity and advance opportunities for all. Membership provides access to:
- Monthly membership meetings, bi-monthly member webinars, and tools and resources
- Subject Area Working Groups
- The GARE Portal for documents library, member forum, and discussion groups
In addition, the city also continues to collaborate with teams around Minnesota who have also participated in the League of Minnesota Cities GARE cohorts.
- Expanding pathways for new jurisdictions to begin doing racial equity work via work with individual jurisdictions.
- Organizing a membership network of jurisdictions that are working to advance racial equity.
- Supporting and building local and regional collaborations that are broadly inclusive and focused on achieving racial equity.