Photos: Organics Drop-Off Site Construction (October - December 2018)
In April 2018, the City Council approved an organics recycling pilot program for all St. Anthony residents. The Parks Commission discussed placement of the drop-off site, and in June, the City Council approved final site location on the south end of the Community Center parking lot (between the Police Department and the tennis courts).
City staff partnered with Ramsey County to implement the organics drop-off site, allowing Ramsey County to build and operate the site at no additional cost to the city. The organics drop-off site was constructed and fully operational just before the end of 2018!
This site is open 24/7 and the second of its kind in Ramsey County. As a pilot participant and early adopter, St. Anthony's site will help inform Ramsey County's strategy in implementing similar drop-off sites in other cities.
Watch this informative video by the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) to learn about what happens to your organics waste when you drop it off for recycling!
- Pick up your FREE organics recycling starter kit at City Hall during business hours! (UPDATE 4/10/19: Ramsey County is currently out of stock of green buckets and City Hall does not have any on hand at this time. They hope to have more sometime in May. We apologize for this inconvenience!)
- Site is for residential use only. No businesses please!
- Ramsey County's dedicated Organics Recycling page features resources to answer all of your organics-related questions.
- ONLY use certified compostable bags! Free compostable bags are available at City Hall during business hours, and there are bag dispensers located inside the enclosure. You are also welcome to purchase your own - just make sure they are BPI Certified, which is indicated on the packaging or bags themselves.
- Regular plastic bags are not acceptable for organics recycling. Paper grocery bags are OK!
- Use both dumpsters. Waste Management services the site weekly on Wednesdays.
- City Hall does not stock t-shirts for the County's Loyalty Card punch program. You can still receive punches on the cards, as well as t-shirts, by visiting any of the Ramsey County yard waste sites.
Please note that although grass clippings, leaves and other yard waste are organic material, they are NOT accepted in organics recycling. Instead, take them to one of Ramsey County's yard waste sites! Learn more and find your nearest location here.